Sunday, December 16, 2012

How can we be still and know God’s there?

IMG_5106

How can I be still?  How can anyone be still when inside are roller coaster emotions that are whirling and making you sick to your stomach after hearing about a massacre? 

Why does there have to be reckless rampage in the heart?   A heart that’s so broken it can’t help but break others’.  Feelings of anger, rage, abandonment, helplessness, and hurt are feelings we all experience but some don’t have an ounce of hope to add to it.  Without that little bit of hope life becomes pitch black.

How can we be still and know that God is there?

It’s hard to be still when you’re asking so many questions and not even wanting to stop, be still and wait for the answers.  Why? Why? Why?    Our impatient selves want to answers NOW! 

“Be still and know that I am God.”      Psalm 46:10

Those words just keep echoing.

A friend of mine, who also disciples me, gave me these words of Truth in this order not too long ago and it made me really think about what it’s saying…what He’s saying. Right now.  May it do the same for you.  I encourage you to fill in the …. (blank) with your own thoughts so it will help you to be still in this crazy world.  Pause after each line; really reflect on what you just read... 

 

Be still and know that I am God...

Be still and know that I am...

Be still and know that I...

Be still and know that...

Be still and know...

Be still and...

Be still...

Be...

 

Be still and know that I am God.

Be still and know that I AM…

…I am I AM.  I AM who restores, rebuilds, resurrects…rest in that promise.

Be still and know that I…

…I…love you.  My love is so impossible for you to totally grasp and understand while you live on this side of heaven. Remember…I love you so much I gave my life so I can have eternity with you…because I love you.

Be still and know that

Be still and know that

Be still and know

….Know that I know.  Know that I understand.  I really do.  Know my heart breaks with yours.  Know that I will never leave your side. 

Be still and

…breathe.  Breathe in My Presence.  Breathe in My peace.  Exhale fear. 

Be still

Period.  Be still.  It will give you strength.

Be

…just be.

Be still and know that I am God.

I hope you’ll take the time to fill in those blanks for yourself and for Jesus.  And feel free to share them with readers by making a comment below on this post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The Bible also says to “Give thanks always…”  even in times it’s hard to.  So, I will still give praise to HIM who continues to love us and hold us.

 

#1113  being able to hug and hold my son and daughter

#1114  the teachers and administrators at the schools my children attend

#1115  friend’s 10 month daughter now in stable condition after taken off a breathing machine! PTL!!!

IMG_5108

#1116  the opportunity to pray deep for others who just can’t.

#1117  texting with a dear friend I don’t talk with often enough but can still cry out to each other when we’re in need.

#1118  striped letters that spell “JOY” hanging on our mirror

IMG_4920a

#1119  striped fuzzy socks to keep my feet warm

IMG_5128

#1120  bright red and white striped wrapping paper…joy wrapping gifts to give.

IMG_5125

#1121  colored sprinkles all over the table

IMG_5088

#1122  icing cookies with friends

#1123  husband had a good “guy weekend” with his friends

#1124  making food art in kitchen with Libby

IMG_5099

IMG_5101

IMG_5103

#1125  rescuing, digging up and replanting rose bushes

#1126  out to eat with friends at a *fancy restaurant* (fancy for Burlington, NC!)

#1127  a compliment from a friend that made me smile inside and out…“being a geriatric whisperer

No comments:

Post a Comment