Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Do you need to be revived, too?

Things are supposed to slow down after school’s out, right?  It doesn’t seem that way so far and it’s only been 2 days. 

But I’ve still be counting joys and I’m still wanting to get them recorded because it’s important to me to keep focus on the good things in every-day life.

It’s the discipline.

Or is it the routine I need?  A new routine needs to start now that it’s summertime.  During that routine, I need the discipline of reading and learning about His grace.  I need the discipline to journal.  I think I wouldn’t be a happy person to live or be with if I didn’t.  It’s renews me.

I love the words to this worship song:

You revive me, You revive me Lord
And all my deserts are rivers of joy
You are the treasure I could not afford
So I’ll spend myself till I’m empty and poor
All for You, You revive me Lord
Lord I have seen Your goodness and I know the way You are
Give me eyes to see You in the dark
And Your face shines a glory that I only know in part
And there is still a longing, a longing in my heart

I’m alive
I’m alive
You breathe on me
You revive me

(Words & Music : Audrey Assad, Chris Tomlin, Matt Maher and I love sung by our worship leaders at church but I don’t have a recording of that but I also enjoy it sung by Christy Nockels – click on to hear it too)

 

What renews or revives you?   (I’d love to hear what refreshes and revives you…feel free to comment below!)

 

It renews me each time to thank God for the gifts He gives each day and for these this past week:

IMG_7348

#1437  The love these kids in Splash have for each other…it’s been 5 good years so far!

IMG_7217

#1438  fun at field day

IMG_7246

IMG_7259

#1439  real happiness shown running and jumping

#1440  daughter made Honor Roll

IMG_7341a

#1441  being silly

#1442  celebrating last day of 4th grade

IMG_7289

#1443  being silly with daughter

IMG_7293

#1444  son making Honor Roll

IMG_7322

#1445  son’s friends in 7th grade homeroom

#1446  the team of teachers son had this year….excellent!!!

#1447  celebrating last day of 7th grade

IMG_7352

#1448  finally meeting son’s friend who liked my baking.  throughout the year son would share his lunch with him and this friend kept saying I was the best baker!  happy to make him his own batch of peppermint brownies the last day of school to take home.

IMG_7354

#1449  husband’s brother and his family spending a few days with us

#1450  happiness playing at the park and riding rides

#1451  joy seeing children ride a merry go round

#1452  love our 3yr old niece has for her cousin

IMG_7365

#1453  a fun, new puppy…or cousin… for our dog to play with

#1454  sister-in-law who knows how to bargain

#1455  sister-in-law who can make beautiful things out of what others see as junk

#1456  the love sister-in-law has for her family

IMG_7374

#1457  the joy of a 13 month old niece

IMG_7387

#1458  praying with a body of believers for and who are dear to the heart

 

multitudesonmondaysbutton2-1joining in with Ann Voskamp

No comments:

Post a Comment