Friday, February 21, 2014

Know that you know

20140212_211658058_iOS

It’s Five Minute Friday where we write what comes to mind in five minutes of time.  Today’s words is SMALL.  I’m reflecting on what I’ve been reading this week…these verses I’m still trying to wrap around my small mind…Here it goes.

 

Know that you know, that you know.

Those words have been repeating themselves this week…this month…my entire new life.

Know that you know, that you know.

Know the kind of extravagant love the Father has lavished on you.

Know God through His Word because you need it.

Know God because you can’t get to know him until you try.

Know God has you covered on all sides…to the right, the left, above, below, in front and from the back. 

Know God’s Spirit can and does live in you.

Know God. Know God. Know God.

His Word tells us. 

“I am writing to you, my children, for your sins have been forgiven because of Christ’s name. I am writing to you, fathers and mothers, because you know Him Who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men and women, because you have power over the devil. I have written to you, young boys and girls, because you have learned to know the Father. I have written to you, fathers and mothers, because you know Him Who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men and women, because you are strong. You have kept God’s Word in your hearts. You have power over the devil.

That’s from 1 John 2:12-14 and it’s as if it’s urgency. John repeats because he’s really urging us to know how we NEED to know God, how we NEED to be strong in our faith and NEED to know God’s Word. I believe that urgency was not just for the people during the time when 1 John was written but that urgency is now.

May we, as Christ-seeking children of God, know that we know, that we know, without a doubt, that God’s Spirit will equip us to overcome the small, and sometimes big, battles that we face daily and that we’ll be strong in our faith and be devoted to Him.  

I pray God that I will not fear and instead put all of my hope and trust in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment