Monday, March 31, 2014

Let love have the run of the house Part 3 Passionate Love Series

IMG_0472

In the kitchen it sounds like thunder up above me.  Not a spring thunderstorm outside, but the heavy pattering of kids feet running down the hall on the floor above me.  Back and forth and quick stops then I hear the stomping again.  What sounded like a dinosaur trampling room to room, I hear scream-squeals that somehow make me know they’re ones of joy from our younger daughter as big brother chases her with his Nerf gun in hand.

They don’t have a worry in their world and are simply loving the moment.  Even though they don’t realize it, they’re loving on each other in the security of the four walls around them.

That is what comes to my mind when I read from the Message 1 John 4:17-18 as I continue this series about God’s passionate love for us.

God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us. This way, love has the run of the house, becomes at home and matures in us, so that we’re free of worry on Judgment Day—our standing in the world is identical with Christ’s.”

How beautiful is the trust that GOD IS LOVE takes up permanent residence in your life.  God comes on in when you welcome Him and becomes part of your HOME.  It makes you want to run free and wild and in and out of every room, up and down the stairs with childlike glee. 

We’re free of worry and full of joy like our children do as they run crazy in their home with no fear.  The Holy Spirit is living proof that He wants us to live in Him and He in us.

I not only want that love and the Holy Spirit running through me, but also through our home.  In the four walls of each room and in each member of our family’s hearts.

Love has the run of the house…”  that’s what I want in our house.  As a mom, I need to try to make our home a safe place where love is found in every nook and cranny along with the dust balls.  I desire for the love Jesus has for our kids instilled in every nook and cranny in their soul.  Put reminders of God’s promises on posters, scripture stickers on the mirrors, read it out loud at the dinner table.  Pray for them, over them, with them.  Tell them over and over how much they’re loved.  Love well.  Love with devotion.

IMG_0480

IMG_0474

IMG_0479

And love on them as they mature so their “standing in this world is identical with Christ’s”.

Let love…like the passionate love God has for us…have run of your house, your home, your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment