Monday, May 26, 2014

It’s going to be cray-zee!

“Though we wake up every morning on a fractured planet and though pieces of our brokenness still flake off every day, we have found in Christ a joy beyond all other joys, and we are prepared by His boundless grace to persevere to the very end....till our faith becomes sight, till we see Him face to face. Till we are completely changed.
God be praised.”~ Matt Chandler

I thank a sister through Christ for posting that quote on her Facebook page and it happening to be on my news feed last week.  I needed to read that.  Still do.

The school year is about to end and now’s when I need the last push of adrenaline for the next two weeks.  It’s going to be CRAY-ZEE!  It needs to be a big push so I can see the finish line.  So I cry out…

God, I want to live the next two weeks with enthusiasm, with joy, with some quietness in between the chaos.  With revelations, with lessons learned, with seeing Your story in the midst of busyness. Daily tell me what You want me to do.  Show me where to see You.

Help me to see where You want me to go.

to see what I need to surrender.

to see what I say “yes” and “no” to. 

to see my next step and direction.

to see my faith manifest

to see names to reach to.

          to see Your glory and goodness.

I want to rest in the thousands of unseen works God is doing around me and through me….today, tomorrow and “till I see You face to face.’

 

Praying that prayer for not only me, but for you – moms with children in school about to end and also needing that prayer.

In that quote Chandler says, “we have found in Christ a joy beyond all other joys…”  Speaking of joy, here’s my most recent joys I’m counting and thanking God for…

IMG_1495

#2056  my rose bushes first blooms and putting them in a vase to enjoy

#2057  the strong fragrance of the red rose

#2058  seeing a bright, blue indigo bunting on our bird feeder.  Haven’t seen one in years

#2059  the text a sister thru Christ sent me giving me Jesus’ Calling reading.

#2060  hearing the sound of baby birds now knowing where they are

#2061  discovering chickadees built a nest in our bird house

IMG_1207

#2062  baby birds calling out to their parents

#2063  lunch at Wendy’s with V and new friend C

#2064  Hearing C’s calling deep inside…first time I meet her…skipping the weather and where you’re from.

#2065  the Mother’s Day card my daughter made me

#2066  new wall hang as Mother’s Day gift

IMG_1494

#2067  back to the most relaxing place…friends’ lake house

#2068  our friends who always open their lake house door

#2069  the wind chimes on the porch at the lake house

#2070  beautiful, spring, warm day at the lake

IMG_1254

#2071  reuniting with family…close and distant.

#2072  Gran laughing on the dock

IMG_1266

#2073  celebrating great aunt’s 90th birthday

IMG_1328

#2074  joy of watching the joy on faces of nieces and nephew on extreme

IMG_1288

#2075  riding extreme with my sis

#2076  a blanket of clouds being pulled back showing stars and the bright moonshining on the lake at 12:30am

#2077  God placing Colossians 2:6-7 (MSG) on my heart at midnight on the deck.

#2078  “My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you’ve been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You’re deeply rooted in him. You’re well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you’ve been taught. School’s out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving.”

#2079  in silence hearing the gentle rhythm of geese wings flap overhead

IMG_1505

#2080  stopping on the side of the road to take a picture of a field filled with yellow flowers

 IMG_1490

#2081  the post-in on the screen.  Extraordinary! – open your eyes so you’ll see the way God sees you!  From Andy Stanley study Right in the Eye

#2082  Wednesday morning bible study the past several years

#2083  our fearless and faithful leader

#2084  Seeing other’s realizing their calling and then doing it!

#2085  heart to heart with JV

#2086  a billboard on the side of the road that read “Dream with your eyes open” (I wish I could’ve gotten a picture of that!)

#2087  Random lines from a song you hadn’t heard in years but you know really hear:  Flashdance: What a Feeling:  “Take you passion and make it happen”.

#2088  Sunday afternoon conversation about gifts, childhood, dreams with a new friend CT on the 2nd floor porch as the sun sets

#2089  realizing how untapped your gift is

#2090  son recognized as 8th grade soccer player

IMG_1473

#2091  able to volunteer on the field trip to ACORN on a beautiful spring day with daughter’s class

IMG_1374

IMG_1457

IMG_1424

#2092  seeing daughter zipline for the first time

#2093  throwing a baby shower for a neighbor

IMG_1518

#2094  thankful for all those who have served in the military for my freedom

#2095  spontaneous double date night for ice cream with friends

#2096  dancing at the pool

#2097  Game night with old and new friends

#2098  laughter while taking pictures of a friend‘s selfie for a blog…and mine too.

IMG_1566

IMG_1567

#2099  We’re going to have a new nephew and cousin!!!!!!

#2100  My sister and her family bought airplane tickets to go bring home their new 4 year old son in China!!!  Overflowing joy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment