Saturday, October 20, 2012

Welcome!

 

It’s still me, Beth from Beth’s Joy Dare blog.  It just has a new look with a new name!

At the beginning of the year I accepted a challenge. The challenge was to count and record 1000 gifts God has given me in 2012.  I was given the challenge from Ann Voskamp, author of the book One Thousand Gifts.  On her blog she gave any and everyone a "Joy Dare."   I don’t normally take dares, but this one I did. 

That dare has reshaped me.

So, starting back in January, I got a little notebook and started writing down my daily joys.  But shortly into it, my husband encouraged me to start a blog and post my joys on it.   With no expectations, no idea what I was doing or what I was getting myself into, I said, “Well…OK.” but all I was doing was keeping a personal record of counting so I could thank God every day.

But throughout the past several months, it’s just become.  It’s become something new.  It’s become something unexpected.  It’s become an outlet for me.  It’s become a way to get me out of my comfort zone.  

It’s become a gift to me.  I guess deep down, even though I’d never admit it to anyone, including myself,  to write.  I still don’t consider myself “a writer”.  I’m just an ordinary mom and wife that wants, needs and (has the calling to???) share the simple reminders of God's goodness and grace that renew my heart.  I need that accountability!  I simply need to give myself reminders every day, whether it’s a to-do list or reminded of promises from HIM.

My prayer is for me not to think that life and writing on a blog is more about what I’m doing than about who I am becoming.  And while I’m becoming, if God can use what I write to help you become reminded and renewed, then I want Him to use me…all for HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment