Friday, November 30, 2012

How do you wonder?

 

IMG_4924

Today I’m joining in with the community and writing with Five Minute Friday.  Today’s word is “wonder”.

 

Wonder is one of my favorite words.  I think it’s kind of funny to have “favorite words”.  Maybe it’s just me. 

God is the God of Wonders (which happens to be one of my favorite songs)  Jeremiah 33:3 reads, "Call on me and I'll answer you.  I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own." 

Oh, how I needed that reminder today.  Lately I’ve been trying to figure out my purpose but I’m guilty for trying to figure it out on my own.  I’m robbing myself of hearing those wondrous things.

So, I need to PRAY more.  God is a God of Wonders…the awe of who He is.  He never wonders if what he does is right or wrong.  He is not the God of uncertainty.

I am choosing wonder to be a word describing awe in the hope of God during uncertain times. 

Being intimate with God is being in silent wonder and radical amazement.

God of Wonders wants us to obey Him by not feeling uncertain about
the future and "everyday worries" but to trust Him and listen for Him so we will hear the "wondrous things He has for me, because we can't figure it out on our own." 

5minutefriday

 

Praying that this weekend we will all have divine moments of silent wonder…

1 comment:

  1. pretty amazing how setting up the tree (and for us, beginning to play Christmas music) makes all the difference in whether or not it "feels" Christmas!

    ReplyDelete