Monday, September 23, 2013

What does autumn bring?

IMG_9225

The leaves are already falling off the trees and we spent time raking piles already over the weekend.   It was the first day of autumn yesterday and that means October is very near.  

Yes, it’s my favorite time of the year with temperatures cooling off, leaves falling down and pumpkins being decorated but it’s also a special month for bloggers…and hopefully the readers…including you?

So, for the rest of the month, I’m going to take the little bit of time I do have and get ready for next month.  That means I probably won’t be posting much until then but I do hope you’ll come back to visit at the end of September as I share what I’ve learned this month and then jump into a pile of promises in October!  I hope you’ll join me.

I did read this prayer and it reminds me of the wonders we have to give God thanks for:

Dear Lord, grant me the grace of wonder.  Surprise me, amaze me, awe me in every crevice of Your universe.  Delight me to see how Your Christ plays in ten thousand places…to the Father through the features of men’s faces.  Each day enrapture me with Your marvelous things.  I do not ask to see the reason for it all: I ask only to share the wonder of it all.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

 

Still delighting in counting and giving thanks for the thousands of places to find joy…

 

#1654  our dog making a turn around and getting better after the vet was concerned he might not make it.

#1655  our impromptu neighborhood street football game of all ages

IMG_9200

#1656  son inviting 2 friends to youth group after the challenge to was given and then returned on their own the next week

#1657  being part of a friend’s special 16th birthday celebration

#1658  blooming hostas shining bright in sunlight

IMG_9153

#1659  learning more about faith in the book of Luke

#1660  excitement and anticipation of preparing to launch a new women’s ministry

#1661  messy cheeseburgers

#1662  5 loads of laundry complete!

#1663  a bright morning encounter with a bumble bee

IMG_9206

#1664  opportunity to tell our son our lifetime goals we have for him for a class assignment…first and foremost to be a Christ-follower.

#1665  reminder of Rahab’s story

#1666  a revelation that was humbling and even makes my heart hurt

#1667  “Rather than dying to my need for approval, I died to the clear callings God had put in my soul and the clear gifts and equipping he had given me.”  Jennie Allen from Anything  I can so relate.

#1668  visiting with friend from the other side of the USA

#1669  laughing so hard with your daughter it makes your underarms itch

#1670  a beautiful Saturday to spend outside

#1671  breakfast and lunch with friends

#1672  chicken pie someone else made and baked apples

#1673  “Jesus loves me this I know.  Jesus knows me, this I love!”   A friend told me that and I love it!

#1674  first day of autumn

IMG_9209

#1675  enjoy the Lego Art of Brick exhibit at the Alamance Co. Art Council with family

IMG_9212

IMG_9222

#1676  daughter inviting friend who doesn’t attend church to church with us…and her friend enjoyed it.

#1677  SMC preteen ministry rocks! 

1 comment:

  1. Beth, I'm so glad you're dog is doing better. What a relief you must have felt. Wonderful list! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete