Monday, November 18, 2013

Accept some quietness

My calendar is full.  My hands are full. 

Are yours?

Is that a silly question?  I don’t think I’m the only one.

I was looking back at a post I wrote last year around this time.  Honestly, things haven’t changed and I need the reminder that:

“In quietness and trust is your strength.”   (Isaiah 30:15)

 

IMG_9435

 

“I hope in the next month and a half we’ll all make time for quiet.  There’s already Christmas music playing in stores, on commercials, decorations are even up on some downtown poles already.  So early!  Think of them as reminders to be quiet.  Even if just for a moment. 

 

Accept quietness as a gift.  Then re-gift that gift and give quiet back to God. 

 

Be still. 

Be silent. 

Listen. 

Rest. 

Be quiet…as the season begins.

 

Quietly counting:

#1758  I'm thankful for joy that comes through Christ!

#1759  thankful for an evening in front of the lit fireplace with hubby.

#1760  Thankful - even though convicting - reading these words today from the book "Anything" by Jennie Allen: "I don't want to go to heaven and see what I could have been a part of but missed because I was selfish or scared."

#1761  finishing the book “Anything” by Jennie Allen and almost every sentence highlighted

IMG_8705

#1762  I'm thankful for the reminder to be joyful always, pray always and give thanks always no matter what the circumstance and that I'm not the only one who struggles doing that always. But what a great truth to try to live by! (1 Thes. 5:16-18)

#1763  family movie night after a busy week.

#1764  God designed laughter to be such an essential need! 

#1765  Ellie is finally home with our dear friends…and their beautiful adoption story!

IMG_9424

#1766  celebrating and welcoming her with family and friends

#1767  to serve with love

#1768  doing really nothing over the weekend

#1769  playing Pictionary board game with the kids

#1770  giving away books to children

 

 

multitudesonmondaysbutton2

Joining in with Ann Voskamp and counting joys

No comments:

Post a Comment