Friday, November 22, 2013

Thoughts at a stop light

It’s Five Minute Friday where Lisa gives a word to write about for 5 minutes and then stop!  So, here’s from today’s word  FLY

 

flock_of_birds_kevrekidis_v8

I was sitting at the stop light as I waited for it to change.  In the corner of my eye I see a dark shadow flying through the air.

It was a large swarm of dark feathered birds grouped tightly and then all of a sudden they went in all different directions trying to claim a spot on one of the wires that held up the stop lights.

It was as if they were playing musical chairs, the chirping had stopped and they all had to quickly find a perch or one would be left fluttering with no where to land.

I had forgotten that this time of the year it’s pretty common to see flocks of birds flying overhead this time of the year.  They’re on their way to a warmer place.

Wouldn’t it be nice to lift your wings and just fly away with a group of friends to a warmer and inviting place where you could just get away from the noise and chaos?

It reminds me of Isaiah 40:31  But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles…”

But until that day comes, I’ll wait and enjoy the gift of seeing the beauty of birds in harmony in song and flight.

 

5-minute-friday-1

2 comments:

  1. We are neighbors today over at Lisa Jo's and I wanted to stop by and say hello! We have a HUGE Black Walnut tree and the birds ADORE that tree... I love to see the flocks... at times, it seems more like swarms, each finding their place on a branch. And yes - the thought of escaping somewhere WARM just as Winter is making it's appearance always sounds divine to me... add in friends and that is over the top wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we're neighbors! Thanks for stopping by and the story of the walnut tree! Blessings to you Karrilee!

    ReplyDelete