Thursday, May 9, 2013

Comfort is…

It’s Friday and that mean’s it’s the day to join in with others and write free-hand for five minutes.  Today’s word is COMFORT.

 

IMG_6970

 

The house is quite except for the soft piano music playing from my computer and I‘m so comfortable on the big sofa seat.  Comfort feels safe.  Comfort is when you’re in…

…the arms of a mother who holds her baby…whether he or she’s a few months old or 13 year old or 30- something years old.

…the arms of the love of your life who holds you tight with unending love.

…the arms of a friend who draws you close and near to the heart and doesn’t let go.

…the arms of Jesus encompassing you inside and out.  He is the God of all comfort.

“All praise goes to God, Father of our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One. He is the Father of compassion, the God of all comfort.”  2 Corinthians 1:3

Comfort can be found, lost, given, and received.  When found, comfort is a joy.  Comfort taken away, to get us out of our comfort zone, is when God does amazing things.  Comfort given fills the heart and comfort received is often just.when.we.need.it.

Comfort is a gift. 

 

5-minute-friday-1

7 comments:

  1. Beth ... such a gorgeous photo ... and interlaced with one of my favorite Scriptures! Thank you for this gift this morning!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank your for your comment Linda. I agree...scripture brings so much comfort to our lives. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. Dear Beth
    Love and comfort from others at just the right time, is a priceless gift. Yes, dear one, our God sometimes has a hard time trying to get us of our behinds and out of our comfort zones. But is so necessary to grow in faith!
    Blessings from FMF
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mia. I just visited your blog and your thoughts of comfort were written so well. I think we could be twins...being a wife, mother, daughter, sister, scrapbooker, photographer, beach lover...I'm All those things, too! I also see you're going to Allume. I went last year and LOVED it...I wish I could go again this year. You'll be so blessed. Thanks for blessing me by stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Comfort really is all about arms around us, isn't it? Lovely, lovely words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and your lovely comment, Sue. I just visited your blog and I absolutely loved the words you put together to describe your blog, "A place to call my own, where I may come and sit for awhile, and let my thoughts wander, and where I may share with anyone who cares the vain whimsies of my mind." Beautiful.just.beautiful...and it's just how I see mine, too, but couldn't put it into words that beautifully. You're a very good writer...enjoyed reading your posts! Blessings to you and please stop by again!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Denise! Your words are always so encouraging and I enjoy visiting yours too. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete