Friday, May 17, 2013

What song is stuck in your head?

It’s Five Minute Friday where we’re given a word to include as you write for five minutes the first things that come to your mind.  Today’s word is SONG.

IMG_7061

The alarm clock didn’t fail and started beeping at 5:45 this morning.  While still half asleep a song starts playing in my mind.  I don’t have a radio alarm on my clock but lately I’ve seemed to have a song in my mind before I’m rolling out of bed.  Just out of no where.    This morning Between the Rain Drops  by Lifehouse whispered to me…

Look around
There's no one but you and me
Right here and now
The way it was meant to be
There's a smile on my face
Knowing that together everything that's in our way
We're better than alright

Is Jesus singing those words to me to stir my heart?  A time of quietness right here and now and how He wants me to start the day knowing that if we’re together everything will be alright?

I think it’s kind of unusual, but often in the morning there’s a song in my head.  I started writing down the songs and they really make me laugh.  One morning it’s the song Right back where we started from by Maxine Nightingale a classic 70’s song!  I can’t remember the last time I’ve heard that song so how in the world did that just pop in my head?

And then a different day Waiting Here for You , an absolutely holy-moment-song, wakes me up singing praise to God to start the day.

Music is a gift and if it’s something to start the day to wake you up and can bring a smile to your face, then let the music sing loud.

Do you wake up to a song in the morning?  Do you get a song stuck in your head that you sing the rest of the day?  What song have you been singing today?

 

5-minute-friday-1

4 comments:

  1. I wrote about the same thing! I think those songs are gifts. There's a message in them if I open myself up to it.

    Blessings! Visiting from FMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and I'm glad God lets all His children be blessed with songs!

      Delete
  2. You know it was raining today, so many of the songs that whirled around my mind had to with rain, "rain on me," "raindrops keep falling on my head," "his mercy falls like rain." Thank you for inviting me to pause a moment and reflect on the songs that stuck in my head today. A gift indeed!
    Hugs,
    Kelly (stopping over from FMF)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kelly! I enjoyed visiting your blog, too. Yes, getting songs stuck in our head can be a gift! Blessings to you!

      Delete