Friday, May 31, 2013

What is your personal mission?

It’s Five Minute Friday and today’s word is “Imagine”

 

Some new thoughts and new dreams have been stirring in the heart this week even in the midst of some personal concerns.   There was a beautiful morning on the porch, in the Word, in conversation, listening…and dreaming. 

IMG_7192

And that dreaming came from a Source other than my own.  Reminding me…

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.”  (Ephesians 3:20 The Message)

I was asked once,

“Do I have a personal mission that’s independent of circumstances?”   That if you had nothing to hold you back and it would come true, what would it be? 

Jesus had a personal mission:   Everything God wants Me to do is redeeming

God put that mission in His Son’s heart.  Jesus’ goal wasn’t to solve all the problems in the world.  His goal was to bring everyone to a relationship with His Father.

We have a choice to make: Life can be a mystery to unfold or life can be a problem to solve. 

God is so much more than our problem solver.  He gifts us, His children, with imagination and dreaming.  Every young child imagines and has superhero and princess imaginations.  They don’t have problems to solve or circumstances to worry about.  They just relish in their imagination and dreams.  And we are God’s children and He wants us to relish in dreams, too.

Over my head at my nook are the words “She knew who she was in Christ and she dared to dream big.”   So, I’m going to continue to do a little imaging and dreaming…and then have to step in faith that the needs to make them happen will be given as a gift from the only One who gives us those dreams.

 

[IMG_4481%255B8%255D.jpg]

5-minute-friday-1.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Beth
    This is such wise words! Why on earth would we want to live on our own trying to solve life's unsolvable problems when we can live in our Lord in a wonderful relationship solving problems and life together!
    Happy FMF.
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Why wouldn't anyone? Thanks for stopping by and blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. I just read your words to my husband because we've been talking about this very thing. You nailed it and wrote about it so well. I have that same sign on my desk, by the way. Thank you for sharing these great thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is good! I hope it gives you some direction and PERMISSION to dream. I just visited your blog...so inspiring! I got that sign at Allume this past year and saw you're attending this year. I hope I can go again sometime because it's such a GOOD conference! Have a GREAT time!! Thanks for visiting and your comment!

      Delete