Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

It’s finally here.  It’s already here

Hearing last minute wrapping paper fold over gift boxes, giggles, dishes clanking, the Kitchen Aid mixer churning, Christmas music in the background will be heard soon.  But right now it’s a silent moment.

Rejoicing He’s here!

 

isa96

20131224_015515924_iOS IMG_5155

Joy to the world!

Giving praise to Jesus to wish him a Happy Birthday.  Pray this with me?

Jesus, as you come into this world, as a baby, yet a king, you are the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace.

This Christmas I will choose to be glad and rejoice in ALL of my heart because You have taken away my punishment. Thank you for coming to this world to be with me to keep me from fear and harm.

I will rejoice! And I’ll say it again “REJOICE!”  Your Word says to keep a gentle nature so that all people will know what it looks like to walk in your footsteps. God, you are near. You want me to know that your peace – a peace that is beyond any and all of our human understanding – will stand watch over my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

I praise You for who You are! Savior! Rescuer! Redeemer!  Yet as a baby with…

‘Fragile finger sent to heal us
Tender brow prepared for thorn
Tiny heart whose blood will save us
Unto us is born

So wrap our injured flesh around You
Breathe our air and walk our sod
Rob our sin and make us holy
Perfect Son of God
Welcome to our world’

 

Merry Christmas!

20131224_015543298_iOS

img_5509

 

Praying these verses and lyrics:  Isaiah 9:6, Zephaniah 3:14-15, Philippians 4:4-7 and Welcome to our World by Chris Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment