Tuesday, October 22, 2013

God Promises Joy:: Guest writer on Day 24 of Hold Tight Series

 

IMG_8016

It’s a gift to call this beautiful 86 year young woman my friend.  When I think of her, I think of joy because that’s who she is.

Her home is filled with bright, unique art and the word JOY sprinkled though every room, even out in her garden.

Every time we have a conversation, she includes that word followed with a smile.

With the joy that exuberates from her I asked her what her thoughts are about promises.  I asked her to write them down and be my guest writer today.

May her words about promises bring you joy like it does me!

She writes:

“God’s promises are so comforting and full of hope. They continue for a life time! 

Each day is a gift from God that reminds me how much God loves me.

I am choosing to practice joy and be full and overflowing with gratitude. God has done great things for us and we can be filled with joy. We can be surprised by the true joy in the life journey as God gives us grace for the day. 

When you’re in the older years of life, you have time for family and friends and more time to be quiet with God. As we enjoy life on the way to heaven, we have joy–full days.

I plan to have a “filled with the joy of Jesus” kind of day.  I hear some of my friends complain about “advancing age” and their limitations. Joy is not only for youth. Jesus wants us to age with joy, delight and hope all the way on our journey to heaven. 

God promises joy

We are to seek joy, cling tight and be grateful. 

Spread joy! 

Here’s some verses that bring me hope and joy:

“Rejoice in the Lord always!”   Philippians 4:4    Trust and believe!  Rejoice in the miracles of every day life and the wonder it holds.

“The Lord is my strength and shield and I trust him with all my heart. He helps me and my heart is filled with joy.” (He promises!)    Psalm 28:4

The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy.   Psalm 126:3

And I pray each morning, “This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.”    Psalm 118:24

 

We are blessed with your joy and wisdom, Mitchie!  Thank you for being my guest writer today!

IMG_8024

 

 

holdtight

See more Hold Tight posts

2 comments:

  1. Beth, this is so fantastic and SO Mitchie! She enriches my life so much as I know she does yours. Thanks for "putting it out there" for all to see our wonderful friend.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sister! She enriches everyone's life and I felt honored to share her joy with others!

      Delete