Friday, October 18, 2013

I don’t have much room to talk:: Day 18 Hold Tight Series

IMG_9269

I’m no expert in politics.

I’m truthfully guilty of not being pro-active in my rights as an American citizen to challenge our government and it’s decisions.  The government is way too complex.  I am too small.

But these days lately it’s been hard to avoid the news everywhere in the world about how broken our country is.

I don’t have much room to talk though.

Months before elections I drive around running errands and see campaign signs staked on every corner and almost count the days until they’re taken down.

I briefly and quickly read over the campaign ads that come in the mail and then thrown in the trash like junk mail because I’ve got too many other here-and-now demands to drive to soccer practice, cook dinner, do laundry, clean the house for company, and actually work.

Here’s my not so pretty confession: 

I’m guilty of not making the time to study and learn about the people who are running for office seemingly giving promises of what they’ll do for us – the people of America -  but history shows, they turn out to be empty promises.

I’m guilty of judging our leaders.

I’m guilty of not standing tall in my beliefs as a Christ follower and instead of speaking out Truth in my community, I'm apathetic to the decisions our government makes.  I even regret saying I’ve been passive when seeing people I know make choices and comments that aren’t Godly.

I’m guilty for not trying to make a difference, instead I’m indifferent. 

Am I the only one who feels that way?

I.Need.To.Change.

As a citizen, why should I waste the freedom to try to make a change?

But what is it?  What can little ‘ole me, in this huge country, do?

Well, it can start off with prayer.

God, the true Judge, please forgive me for being judgmental.  Please forgive me for being indifferent and not being bold to make a difference  you have called me to do…to be a no-hold-back Christ follower.  I need to hold onto the promises You give of redemption, salvation and an armor to fight the physical and spiritual battles, holding tight to the sword of Your Word.  But you also promise that there will come a day when this world will crumble and all people will fall at your feet and give you glory.

Please speak clearly to me what it is you want me to do -  what you want each Christ-follower to do – to spread the news about your Truth and that we’ll make it a priority on our to-do list to make a difference to the people you’ve put in our lives who don’t know you.

Please guide our country’s leaders. Have god-fearing leaders in our government not be ashamed to stand firm on the foundation of your Word which was also the foundation of our country.  Have citizens in our community, including myself, not be ashamed to stand firm on the foundation of Your Word which was also the foundation of our country.

I cry out to you, Lord.

"”So when troubles begin, don’t be afraid.  Look up – raise your head high, because the truth is that your liberation is fast approaching… Heaven and earth will cease to exist but my words will never fail.

~Jesus  (Luke 22:28,32)

 

I’m also joining in today with Five Minute Friday and today’s word is LAUNDRY.

holdtight     5-minute-friday-1

See more Hold Tight posts

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry -- I'm following you on 5minFri -- but I cannot find your post.

    ReplyDelete